1. Do not share too much personal information over these sites because your info is visible to your friends & online friends also who might have created fake profiles online.
2. Try & avoid sharing personal photographs Or Videos online which might lead to unwanted practices also. It leads to miss use
3. Make sure that you are locking up all your personal folders & setting up all the privacy settings.
4. Pictures should be kept secure with the option" Only friends". When it is visible globally, it may leads to misleading practices on social sites.
5. Use strong passwords which cannot be easily hacked by hackers. Try & use special characters in your passwords.
6. Turn off location settings.
7. Do not add each & every person who visits your profile. Be careful while adding them. These users might have created fake profiles over the sites.
8. These days internet surfing is not just limited to computers, mobile net surfing has also increased with the advancement of smart Phones. Anyone can take a screenshot of the pictures uploaded by you. So try & avoid uploading personal or family pictures online.
9. Do not allow everyone to tag you to their personal pictures.
10. Viruses can enter through any website also, be careful while surfing internet.
11. If you find any problem or profile becomes insecure, do report online.
12. Never leave your passwords logged in to the public computers. Anyone can get the access to it & misuse the account.
13. Try & limit your friends. It's a better secure option.
These safety measures are to be taken into actions while dealing with social media sites. It will keep you out of unethical danger to your personal lives.
Surf secure, Stay secure!!!!