Lying is an immediate action to a specific situation where you try to avoid the trouble. We have heard many childhood stories which teach us not to get into falsehood practices. Like the one, "Pinocchio with a big nose", in which his nose increases as he utters a lie & yes the one we heard of a lot, "The Shepherd Boy Who Cried Wolf". These stories taught us not to speak false or against someone which can result negatively. Lie can make you temporarily, but will take you permanently.
Let's discuss the reasons why we utter a lie:
1. Fear of Facing a poor report card
2. Scared of getting scolded by parents for something wrong act committed by you
3. Feeling of being caught by elders
4. When you are in a habit of stealing as well, you lie to elders
5. Bad friends circle or company forces you to do the same
6. No one taught or stopped when you were caught lying to them
7. Compulsive lying or Kleptomania
8. Sometimes lying for the benefit behind.
9. Lying to avoid trouble
10. To show off, few people prefer to lie
How to stop it:
1. Try to gain control over situations in a different way, rather than lying
2. Try & gain your trust & self respect back
3. Promise to yourself to stop lying
4. If requires, take psychiatrist help
5. Try to speak only truth, else stay quiet
6. Be honest to yourself first & then others as well
7. See the negativities in falsehood, do not find good in that
Falsehood can affect our lives. You will loose self respect; your closed ones will stop trusting on you, you can also lose your job also. Lying really is a bad habit to get into. It is a negative, destructive and dishonest way to progress in life. Lying is the source of sin. Do not follow it!