For overall development, education plays a very prominent role. It's the success for a bright future. Still when it comes to Educating a Girl, why there is a Gender Bias? As per the study, girl child dropout ratio is comparatively high from boys.
In most Developing and Underdeveloped countries, girls are required to fulfill a vital role within the home and are often unable to attend school. Girls are considered as temporary property who is not worth educating. educating a girln means overall economic development.
Reasons for why Girl Child does not get Proper Education?
1. Indifference in attitudes and mentality against girl child.
2. Illiterate Parents and guardians are unaware about the importance of education
3. Financial reasons results in dropouts.
4. Domestic reasons, like people feel, girl child should work at home rather than getting educated & working outside.
5. Poor family background.
6. A negative pressure from non-school going friends who discourages to pursue education
7. Inequality amongst peer group.
Why Girl Child Education is important?
We cannot ignore educating a girl child. As it is well said, educating a girl means educating the whole nation. Educating a girl child removes some of the heavy burdens from poor families around the world. Girl child education brings equality & takes the country towards economic development. Education lowers the infant mortality rate as a big number of children die needlessly because their mothers were not allowed to get educated. Women are at risk for early marriage and pregnancy and educating a woman will reduce cases of feticide. Awareness about HIV/AIDS leads to a Healthy population and prevention of diseases. Education does not mean educating to get a degree; it's about getting educated about the major issues of society & how to overcome them.
What Steps can be taken so that a Girl Child gets Education?
Certain amendments are to be made to promote girl child education:
1. If two sisters are studying in a school, relieving one of the kid's fee.
2. Society should change their mindsets for a girl child & should give equal priority to earn respect in every field.
3. Community leaders should actively support this cause.
4. Media should come up with the positive image of a girl & support girl child education.
5. Vocational training to be provided so that they can earn out of that as well.
6. Teaching mothers will be also a big help in upliftment of the society so that they can also give basic education too their kids.
7. Charitable trust/ NGO's and organizations like the Plan India, Care India, etc. can have a great impact towards girl education.