Homework is like a burden on the students shoulders. After school, teachers putting so much of work for home is actually not that great if we think from a student's point of view. Teachers just believe in that a student should remember each & everything which is being taught in class, so gives homework as revision activity. The fact is no student can keep all the things all together for whole day, whatever you study in a class, only 30% remains.
We are not saying that it's totally wrong giving homework, but yes, it shouldn't be excessive which will kill the health & mental stamina of a student.
Here are some reasons for both in favor & against homework. Let's discuss:
A) YES TO HOMEWORK
1. Homework helps in proper revision.
2. Homework leads to more practice, enhanced grabbing power.
3. Proper revision due to homework & you will always be ready for surprise class tests.
4. You'll do homework; will come out with more doubts & more clarification of the concept.
5. After school, student has a lot of time, which he can utilize through homework.
6. Parents can supervise by checking the homework content of their kids.
7. No rush or mugging up during main examinations, all prepared in advance.
8. Homework enhances your intelligence & knowledge which will make you stand different in the class.
9. Less television watching habits
B) NO TO HOMEWORK
1. Homework sometimes affects the health & mental abilities of a kid because of the late night studies.
2. Monotonous daily activity.
3. Leads to hypertension, student takes so much of mental pressure to complete heavy amount of homework.
4. A student already gives his 7-8 hours in a school to studies, after that he needs to take rest rather than getting involved in such stressful activity like Homework.
5. Frustration level increases.
6. No Physical fitness because homework doesn't allow children to play outside.
7. Continuously sitting & writing gives invitation to obesity.
8. Children are unable to give importance to their hobbies or their likable activities.
In the end, we cannot conclude that it's wrong & should be banned, it depends upon the student type also, whether he is studious, average in studies or weak. So it is good if it's just a revising exercise, but it's really unfair if you'll put heavy burden of working stuff at home & snatching away all the fun & happy moments from a kid's life.