It has become very important in the day to day life that common people should get all the live updates of every day. This need was made successful by the introduction of the media as it is considered to be the source of information. The media can be in any form either in the form of electronic media consisting of TV or internet or Radio or in the form of print media like newspapers and magazines. All the forms of media are used by the journalists to make the information to reach to common people. Journalists have the magical power to influence the crowd by their information. The carrier option as the journalist is on boom as everyone likes to see live news happening around the world. The job of journalism is not easy as it requires creativity and responsibility. For the position of journalists one should be very confident, presentable along with the skills in writing and presenting the information very concisely. The qualities of a good journalist include ability to distinguish between fiction and fact, should have awareness, knowledge in the current affairs, excellent bent of mind etc. The most important skill that is required in the journalists is to cover the unseen situations very efficiently. Journalists cover every field like arts, economics, science, history, entertainment, sports, business etc. The post of journalist helps in attaining the wealth and fame. Due to the increase in media the jobs of journalists are exhilarating in the market.
The print journalism consists of many posts like:-
1. Editor: - The person on this post ensures the continuity and consistency in the delivery of magazines and newspapers. The editor should present the content in the newspaper in a very attractive manner.
2. Sub Editor: - The job of the person on this post needs to sort out the contents to be printed. Rewriting of the article is also done and the suitable headline for the content.
3. Associate Editor: - The job is to prepare all the featured articles, news, reviews etc and also the planning of layout in which the content will be printed.
4. Reporter:- needs to operate newspaper, magazines, radio, TV channel, radio which requires god quality speed.
5. Proof Reader:- Needs to compare the edited copies with the proofs.
8. Special reporter
The electronic journalism includes the post like:-
1. Production workers
2. Transmission executives
4. Floor Managers
5. Sound Technicians
8. Camera Workers