Nowadays computer basics have become a demand in every sector we work. From data entry to Multinational companies, they all ask for computer proficiency to be perfectly mentioned in Resume. With the advancement of the technology, you are left so behind if not even aware of computers & internet. After all, you are living in the era of 21st century where even an 8 year old kid is friendly to the latest gadgets & android versions.
Computer is an electronic device having various external & internal components attached such as Monitor, CPU, Pointer and Printer, Joystick, Wi-Fi & other peripheral devices. These components are termed as Hardware & software. Since last 5 generations, computer has become a mega mind tool in this world of technology.
Computer basics include Operating system, MS-Office, Internet knowledge and other proficiencies as well. We have various internet browsers available such as Internet explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Opera mini, Google chrome, the latest one. These browsers help you in internet access & give you world wide information by sitting at a common place, from anywhere. We have Social networking sites introduced in the market like Facebook, twitter, Instagram, etc. which gives you a great option to Stay connected 24x7 with your friends & family, living far from you.
If we talk about the basics, MS-office helps you in creating Spreadsheets, Word documents, Presentation in PPT form & even advertisement publishing Formats also.
MS-Word helps you to create files & documents and avails following options:
1. Word has Status bar, Tools Bar, Menu Bar, Task Bar, and Title bar.
2. You can insert Pictures, Background, Effects & Animations, Header & footer.
3. You can change Font style, size, Colour, Text wrap, Bold, Italics & Underline & even Letter Case also.
4. You can do formatting, page setup, mail merge, Conversions of the document in different formats, tables & graphs, etc.
5. The conclusion is, you can Save & open a document, Insert, Page layout, References, mailings, review & View as well.
MS-Excel avails in creating Tabular files & avails following options:
1. You can create Sheet 1, Sheet 2 & so on in one excel file.
2. Excel has Status bar, Tools Bar, Menu Bar, Task Bar, and Title bar.
3. You can insert Pie charts, diagrams, flowcharts, etc
4. You have formatting option also available in excel & with this you can also put formulas for calculations.
5. You can also Sort or filter data as per requirement where you can use options like Wrap text, merging cells, can add or delete the cells as well.
PowerPoint is an amazing option to create official presentations:
1. Create slides with different Animations, Themes & effects
2. Can insert diagrams, charts, tables, pictures & even video as well.
3. Avails the option of Formatting & background.
4. Proper use of bullets & numbering.
Microsoft Publisher helps in the following:
1. Create Brochures, Flyers, Business cards, Envelops, Newsletters, postcards, calendars.
2. Title bar, Tool bar, Menu Bar, Status Bar.
3. You can Insert Arrange, Format, and View & edit too.
Computer basics surely help in climbing big trees of success. Once you are perfect in basics, you can learn Programming languages later on. You can enter into any designing part, like web designing, Creative designing, Architecture & many more. What you need to have is perfection in Basics to grow more & more.