Medical education is the most awaited stream in the life of the student. The medical education is expensive and longest in duration. Medical education requires 5-7 years of hard work and concentration. In India very few people can become doctor as this specialization is one of the most important one as it deals with the life of people.
Certain exams are also being held before a student gets entrance into medical field. These exams are the key to determine the capability of student that how well he/she understands the subject.
· Armed Forces Medical College MBBS Entrance Examination.
· All India institutes of Medical Sciences Entrance Test (AIIMS).
· All India Pre-medicals Test.
· All India Common entrance examination.
The medical course is being divided into three phases namely-Pre-clinical, Para-clinical and clinical. The first phase is being taught for first two semesters and the subjects being covered are antanomy, physiology and bio-chemistry. The second phase is being covered in next three semesters with the topics community medicine, forensic medicine, pathology, pharmacology, microbiology, clinical postings in wards and OPD’s. The last phase is being covered in next four semesters with the subjects community medicine,Pediatrics,Medicine and allied subjects like psychiatry, dermatology etc. and surgery subjects like E.N.T,orthopaedics etc.
When this course is completed then the student is expected to gain certain things like-
- Should be able to diagnose health problems of the common people.
- Should be able to provide curative and preventive medicines for the common diseases
- Should be familiar with the side effects of the drugs which he/she is prescribing.
- Should have knowledge about the National Health Programs and should know the way of implementation.
- Should have skills to communicate with patients and seniors very effectively.
- Should have attitude of self learning and should have capability to grab new things very fast.
In medical science students also opt for the study of microorganisms so as to understand the biotic mechanisms in them and according to it can have some research work. Nowadays, students in India are generally opting for biotechnology, nanotechnology and microbiology. These technologies have made the Indian students to go into the research work and found out the things which are not being known to the world. The practical knowledge is being focused more rather than theoretical knowledge in the medical colleges of India.