Have you ever experienced a fat kid passing by your side, other students commenting on his fat appetite?
Obesity has entered into daily lives of the people with a fast pace. With the modernization, change in the preferences & tastes of the society has been noticed. Eating habits have become very unhealthy which is a big tension to a human life.
Previously, people were so concerned about their diets which allow them to live a healthy & prosperous life. Our ancestors lived for more than 100years which have reduced to 70's now. Nowadays, there are so many health issues entering the changed lifestyles of the society.
Obesity is a major problem seen in every age group. Obesity starts from the very beginning that is childhood. At early age, obesity starts grabbing kid's body to put in a wrong shape which gives invitation to health problems like Asthma, diabetes, hypertension, improper sleep, heart attacks, etc. These problems affect the school performance of the kids as well.
Most of the kids with obesity are seen with low marks as compared to fit students, in school. Obese children are found weak in mathematics especially. Schools should be really concern about the diet of the children to create a healthy environment in class. Because of the bad grades in school performance, parents tend to blame their kids for that. But the truth is that they are not the reason for their poor performance in studies, there proper diet care is supposed to be taken care by their parents at home & by teachers in school. It really matters what you eat. Health problems are associated with childhood obesity.
Obese kids are not socially sound; they are mostly found alone, no friends or peer groups just finds peace in eating at idle time. Such kids are emotionally weak & more depressed with their lifestyles. This leads to hypertension & feel of being lonely. Such kids are to be taken a great care about their health, what they eat & how they interact with others. Nobody likes to be ignored by others.
I think schools need to help these kids in their healthy lifestyles. Few policies must be formulated to make a healthy environment at school. Let's discuss:
1. There should be one sick room in every school, where (BMI) Body Mass Index test will be taken. It helps in controlling the fats intake in the body.
2. Proper hearing & vision test of the students in school.
3. Tiffin to be checked by teachers' everyday to ensure parents sending healthy food in lunchbox.
4. Teaching students about calorie intake & nutritional quality in healthy food.
5. Healthy physical activities like Aerobics, exercises or yoga sessions to be introduced in school schedule for disease control.
6. Special healthy teaching sessions for parents twice in a year.