Real-Life Benefits of Online Social Networking
As we can see that there are too many risks involved in social networking sites but still some of the benefits are also attached to it. Social networking is the best way of building up relationships, maintaining them, to be in touch with family who are living far from them & to express themselves as well. It's important for parents to be alert when their kid is getting involved in these social networking but values given by the families are what decides how the children of the family are going to take the benefits of these networking sites.
1. It helps an individual in gaining a confidence which helps him in handling up new situations like making new friends, socializing with new people at college, expressing the feelings, etc.
2. Its boost ups one's self confidence, it gives the feeling of individuality.
3. It's a good way to please your own personality.
4. Social networking is advancement in tech, which means children using it are getting in touch with the advanced tech in some manner.
5. They will be more aware about latest online media.
6. Kids are keen towards online communities. Online communities expose the kid to many new viewpoints, ideas, and opinions.
7. Meeting up with people long left behind, old friends, relatives' school mates etc.
8. Any new happening gets updated in friction of minutes, and because millions of people are there, the info is spread in masses.
9. It is helping them learn how to communicate in many different ways. It has become an important method of communicating in schools, colleges and the workplace,
10. Social networking helps to people who live far from their families to stay connected all the time by sharing photos, videos, expressions, messages, etc
11. Networking sites updates events or issues very frequently and because more of people more of their times online gets to know about it, at the same time, to youngsters, networking sites are easy to approach than newspapers and news channels.
Social Networking in Schools
Social networking has reached not just in lives of kids or nuclear families but it has entered the classrooms, workplaces & almost everywhere. As technology is getting advanced, many social sites are also being promoted. Let's discuss how it's helping to students or schools:
"¢ Social networking has entered in schools & playing a very prominent role. Sites like Facebook, Moodle, SecondLife, Digg, and other sites are often used by teachers to communicate with students or for out-of-classroom discussions. This has reduced the queries of the students & taking extra tuition classes.
"¢ Youth can further explore topics that they're interested in through online social networking. By making connections with other people who have the same interest, kids can learn and exchange knowledge with others .You can interact with many professionals also about the career or about their work experiences. Best example of such site is LinkedIn. People meet up ,grow connections and so on.
"¢ Teachers often take advantage of student's social networking abilities to create class blogs, discussion forums, videos, and more. School communities are also build so that teacher & students can have a chat over it & discuss about their study topics or other related topics.
At the end I would just like to say that social networking is bliss to this hi-tech world. Though we have negative issues with social networking also but we cannot ignore its positive features which is supporting in all our work & helping almost every category, whether it's kids, youth or aged.