Resume is the window through which a recruiter scans you exactly what you are. Few people create fake resumes or believe in making resumes by professionals to increase the chances of getting a good job. Jot down few things about yourself before writing a resume. You should know your goal or aim of life first, what you want to achieve in life as a professional. Then only you'll be able to convey it to the recruiter by your resume that why you desire to join his/her company.
Whatever you are writing in your resume reflects your own personality, never ever fake it. Always write a resume keeping these things in mind:
1. Never lie in a resume; it will create a negative image of yours. Actual image will always be hidden. Hiring team will feel insecure to hire you, as you are not loyal to your own.
2. Avoid over exaggerate experiences, it shows that you are over confident for their company.
3. On the top of the resume, put your Name, Contact number & Email Id in bold letters. Add your latest passport size photo on the top.
4. Always start resume with your Objective, which should be realistic & true. Write what goals you want to achieve in your life.
5. After objective, write down your work experience & projects you have accomplished. Mention the current organization you are working with first. There you can also mention your roles, responsibilities & skills which should relate to the applied job profile. Do not mention incorrect information.
6. Mention your educational qualifications; do not enter the percentage till the time you have scored really well. Always write the current qualification first. Then the rest in descending order.
7. Separately mention your hobbies & activities you are good at. With this, do not hesitate to add your achievements also, if have any.
8. Mention about the basic computer knowledge as it's really important nowadays.
9. At the end insert proper personal details like Address, guardian, Date of Birth & your marital status. Many employees are concern about marital status also, so do not fake it as well. Put the date & signature below.
10. Put proper titles & subtitles for separate information.
11. Mention your strengths & weaknesses.
12. Be careful while choosing the font size, color & style. It should be simple & text in black. Try & make your resume using Times Roman font style.
13. Do not insert pictures or irrelevant material in the resume.
14. A resume should not be more than two pages.
15. Resume should be specific, not the descriptive one.
These are few small things which make a resume professional. You need not to make your resume flashy; it should be attractive by its real words & information you are inserting in there. A resume should be perfect, as it's the summary of your professional & personal life.