To be worried about NEET is a rational thing. The only way to deal with this worry is being super confident with the syllabus. The worry may be the pressure of the exam, high expectations of family and teachers, new structure of the entrance and much more. There can be a number of reasons that can be the cause of your worry but you can win over all these factors. Self-confidence is the biggest tool you have. NEET preparation can worry any student. You are not the only person. The syllabus is so vast that anyone can fall prey to such worries.
Let us know in detail what are the best ways to build your self-confidence
● Start preparing from class 11th : NEET is the new name for AIPMT. The syllabus includes almost everything from Physics, Chemistry and Biology together with General Knowledge Paper. If you give a start to your NEET preparation from 11th standard, you will have better control of the topics related to the 12th standard.
All the questions asked will have multiple options. Since the questions are objective type, your knowledge of the concept will help you grab marks. Another thing to keep in mind is the negative marking. If you don’t have the concept crystal clear, you will lose the mark assigned. Clear every doubt of your 11th standard while you are in the same class so that you are able to retain it better.
● Prepare a Time Table : When you started your kindergarten you had a time table when you are at home, you have a time table and you will have the same time table while you are in college and in professional life. It is the law of nature and the only way to have an organized way of achieving success. You may be the topper in your school or class but without a routine, it is difficult to crack something as hard as a nut.
● Discipline : Discipline is one of the most important virtues one should inculcate when preparing for competitive examinations like NEET. Without discipline, adhering to the time table can be quite a daunting task. Time table means monotony and repetitions. If discipline is missing, time table will not be of use in the long run although you had given it a good start initially.
● NEET Coaching : For added advantage of the subjects and understanding of the topics, you can take help from the experts by joining a medical coaching institute. NEET coaching from a reputed institution will act like the icing on the cake as you can monitor your performance with the rest of the students. When you see that you are doing well, you will be motivated to do better. If it is not at par other students, you will have the urge to perform better. This way, you will lead a healthy competition.
Another advantage of going to a coaching class is the one on one conversation with the faculties who are medical college professors and mentors. In this battle of NEET and your preparation, you will need a Guru and an expert from the coaching center will be your friend, philosopher and guide. Being in touch with the seniors and the faculties there, you will be updated on everything pertaining to NEET. It is definitely a good idea to be informed about every detail of the entrance you have been preparing for.
● Keep a Track of your Study : Whatever you learn from your NEET coaching, school and self-study while NEET preparation, you need to keep a track of what you have been covering. Mark everything as important and very important. Maintain a separate notebook for formulae, periodic table, elements and topics that need repeated revision. Get the crux of every technical topic. Focus on your areas of improvement and practice more of them.
● Test your Knowledge : Before NEET tests your knowledge and ability; it is your duty to get it done. Perform a few mock tests of the previous year paper and do it until you reach perfection. Set a timer while you are doing so for a better keep of time.
● Syllabus : While you have begun with your preparation of NEET, target to complete the syllabus (class 11th and 12th Physics, Chemistry and Biology). Don’t leave any topic less attended. Every topic is important and every question will be objective type. A good concept will help you fetch marks.
● Watch Motivational Videos: In the midst of preparation, check the videos of ex-students on the preparation. This will not only act as a great stress buster but also make you more optimistic about your preparation.
With all the steps mentioned above, you will grow in confidence and optimism. You will see a positive change in you. If you have tried and completed all these points until two months of the examination, you will definitely clear your NEET.
As quoted by the famous William Butler Yeats,
“Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking.” Stop worrying now and start preparing!