The Khoj for the Ace Lens man.
“Look and think before opening the shutter. The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera”. Yousuf Karsh.
Take the challenge to be the most enthusiastic innovative photographer to interpret your view of the world in a picture that doesn’t need any words to explain it. Capture the hues of an emotion, of nature, celebrations, anything that fascinates you and let it speak for you.
The Live Event – Shall happen on campus on 2017. You are required to take pictures during the fest and submit it before the deadline, in order to be in competition. There are 7 categories under which you can participate –
1. Essence of Orion – Orion, as you perceive it is the theme. Capture a perfect image that stands as a signature idea of Orion and what sets it apart.
2. Event photography – Click an image of any event activity. Be it the fashion show, or the dance or the quiz; show us how you can immortalize the moment better.
3. Emotions at Orion – Go crazy with this one. Capture the emotions that will be available aplenty at Orion.
4. Beauty of SSU – Show us how SSU looks from your perspective. Capture the wonderful hues that the SSU campus dazzles you with.
5. Prop Photography – Props should be given to the candidates; they have to click the photos in a creative manner using the props.
6. Light Photography – Capturing the motion of light using creativity.
7. Smoke Photography – Participants should be given 2 smoke bombs to take photos in Orion event.
They want to think and click photos in creative manner.
SHORT FILM CMPETITION
· Theme – ORION CULTURAL FEST
· Entries can be accompanied by labelled still photographs/slow-motion/time-lapse from the films for use in the promotion.
- · Films once entered cannot be withdrawn.
· The duration for the short film must be from 60second to 5 minute.
- · The short film must be original and no watermark of any kind should be on the film.
- · The film must be of highest quality possible.
· Adult content of any kind will not be entertained and would lead to direct disqualification.
There shall be a one winner under each category. Rules:
• One participant CANNOT submit more than one photograph under each category.
• Submitting of Obscene or NC-17 content is not permitted. Duh!!
• Entries found to be copied from the Internet or any other source shall positively win the honor of being instantly disqualified.
• Entries submitted shall not be edited or doctored in any form. Failing to comply means disqualification.
• All necessary permissions of model(s) in the photographs shall be obtained by the participant. SSU will be not be responsible for any infringement of copyright by the entrant.
• The participants shall give all permissions for entries submitted to SSU for reuse/publication. Due Photo Credit shall always be awarded.
• There is no restriction on the camera being used for the event.
• Entrants shall carry their respective pen drives / data cables for submitting the photos before the deadline.
• Decision of the judges shall be final.
• Pre-registration for the competitions is required