Industry Government Relations
Address NH65, Santhi Nagar, Gollapudi, Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh 521225
No of employees:
The Andhra Pradesh Beverages Corporation Limited (APBCL) was established in the year 1986 as a fully owned undertaking of the Government, with the main objective of supplying hygienic packed arrack to the licensees and is incorporated under Companies Act, 1956. The Corporation had set up 22 field units for carrying arrack operations at various district locations with a total capital outlay of Rs. 32.65 crores, which includes buildings and civil works. The various fixed assets like Plant and Machinery other than buildings valued at Rs. 24.70 crores were transferred to the Corporation in the form of Debt and Equity in the ratio of 2:1. The authorised share capital of the Corporation is Rs.10 Crores and the paid up share capital as on date is Rs.833.37 lakhs from 1-1-94 the corporation took over the IMFL wholesale trade in the state. The erstwhile Arrack Bottling units are converted into IML Depots for the wholesale trading activities of IMFL.
The Corporation is headed by Senior IAS Officer as Managing Director and Principle Secretary to the Government as a Chairman to the board of directors.
The corporation board comprises of
1. Principle Secretary to Revenue Department Government of A.P. as Chairman.
2. Commissioner Distilleries & Breweries A.P. and Managing Director of APBCL
3. Commissioner of Prohibition & Excise as Director
4. Secretary to Government (R & E) Finance Department government of A.P. as Director
5. Director of Prohibition & Excise (Enforcement) A.P. as Director
6. Joint Secretary Revenue Department A.P. as Director
The main Mission of the Corporation is to procure and supply of pure hygienic quality liquor to the consumer in the state of A.P.
1. To manufacture, purchase, import, export alcohol and all other beverages suitable for human consumption.
2. To undertake bottling/packing of alcohol and other beverages in a suitable manner.
3. To carry on business as sellers, dealers and distributors of alcohol and other beverages either in bulk or in retail.
4. The Corporation shall ensure strict quality control of the products purchase by it by prescribing suitable technical specifications as part of the terms and conditions of tender notification and by insisting on test certificate accompany each consignment received.
5. The Corporation shall ensure that the procedures, methodology and formulae adopted by it in all matters connected with identification of suppliers, fixation of procurement prices, arriving at the quantities to be ordered on the various suppliers are national, transparent and foolproof and that no undue advantage is given to any suppliers or group of suppliers. The corporation shall be answerable to the government on all the above aspects.