Industry Transport Deparment
Address Transport Commissioner, Haryana30 Bays Building,2nd Floor,Sector 17C, Chandigarh-160017
No of employees:
The Transport Department Haryana, established under section 213 of the Motor
Vehicles Act, 1988, implements the provisions of the Motor Vehicles Act,
1988. The vision of the department is to create conditions for a safe, efficient,
economical, seamless and environment-friendly transport system for the
mobility of people and goods within the State. The functions of the office of the
Transport Commissioner include registration of motor vehicles, issue of driving
licenses, grant of permits, checking of offences by motor vehicles and drivers,
road safety etc.
To create conditions for a safe, efficient, economical, seamless and environment-friendly
transport system for the mobility of people and goods within the State.
1. To ensure the safety of citizens using the road network in the State.
2. To promote environment friendly transport services in the State.
3. Upgradation of Human Resources & Infrastructure in the transport sector in the State.
4. Integration of different modes of Transport in the State with respect to cost, efficiency and
5. To provide a fair regulatory framework for the Transport sector.
6. To provide IT-enabled citizen services in the transportation sector to increase transparency and
7. To generate revenues for the Transport sector.
1. Improved Efficiency and Outreach of Public Transport Services.
2. Promotion of Road Safety
3. Streamline Citizen Services through application of ICT.
4. Environment friendly transportation and improvement in quality of vehicles on roads.
5. Efficient collection of revenue from taxes, fees and enforcement
1. registration of motor vehicles;
2. issue of certificate of fitness to transport vehicles;
3. grant/ renewal of permits to transport vehicles;
4. issuance of driving and conductor licences;
5. issuance of licences to driving school;
6. grant of permission to pollution under check centres;