Address he Kangra Central Co-operative Bank Ltd.
Sehkar Jyoti Building, Civil Lines
Dharamshala, Teh. Dharamhsala, Distt. Kangra
No of employees:
History of KCCB
Came into existence on 17th March 1920 (License No. RPCD.09/2009-10).
Indora Banking Union was merged and 2nd Branch of the Bank opened at Nurpur in Jan’1956
Palampur Banking Union was merged and 3rd Branch of the Bank opened at Palampur in Jan’1957
Nanaon Banking Union was merged and 4th Branch of the Bank opened at Hamirpur in Oct’1958
The Bank suffered losses because of the partition in 1947 to the tune of Rs.10.64 Lacs
In Mar 1962, the bank suffering from the setback of partition was granted Rs.4.09 Lacs by the Govt.
Govt also provided Interest Free Relief Loan of Rs.3.98 Lacs and Govt of India Loan of Rs.4.97 Lacs @ 3.87% in 1962 In 1971-72
The Bank entered into the deposit mobilisation scheme of Pong Dam Area aggressively and secured maximum share of Deposit Bank Deposits increased from Rs. 256 Lacs in 1971-72 to Rs. 1054 Lacs in 1973-74.