The Indian Institute of Technology-Bombay (IIT-Bombay) has blacklisted nine companies from recruiting for one year.
The institute has blacklisted the companies on the basis of four grounds "“
- Those that revoked offers
- Those found to be fake with no proper office address
- Those that delayed the joining date of candidates
- Companies that came in for placements with a different name and hired students for another start-up.
Following are the names of the nine companies
- The LeGarde Burnett Group
- Johnson Electric, China
- Health tech start-up - Portea Medical
- Cashcare Technologies
- Pune-based on-demand grocery start-up - PepperTap
- Mera Hunar
IIT-B spokesperson Falguni Benerjee-Naha said "the list of nine companies named on Thursday is not final and more could follow depending on their responses in future."
LeGarde Burnett Group had revoked its job offers and was later found to be fake.
Companies LexInnova and IndusInsight delayed the joining dates given to the selected students, Banerjee-Naha said.
One firm, Mera Hunar, came up with a different name and hired the IIT-B students for another start-up.
It is the first time a prestigious institution like the IIT-B has published a list of blacklisted companies for reneging on job offers to its passouts.