After the seeing the current phenomena of education in schools these days, AAP government recently conducted the 'School Management Committee' (SMS) Sabha.
Reason for conducting the meeting
- The sabha, held at Burari constituency, gave the opportunity to parents and other stakeholders in schools to show their grievances and concerns over various issues
- In the meet, SMCs of 15 government schools met at the Rajkiya Pratibha Vikas Vidyalaya, Civil Lines
- At the sabha, Education Minister Manish Sisodia was present along with various concerned officials from the education department
- Moreover, the SMC sabhas are set to make the government more accountable to parents of students in government schools
- Meanwhile, as per reports this meet is a follow up to the mega Parents-Teachers-Meeting (PTM) that was held on July 30 in a way to build a connection between parents and teachers of government schools
- "The concept of the SMC sabha was to provide a platform to parent SMC members to voice their issues with the schools to the concerned officials, in order to ensure effective and speedy resolution," as per government official statement.
Statements from the official
"The government is very keen on involving parents and the community in school administration. SMCs are playing a very constructive role in improving the condition of government schools today. This is an extraordinary event since it is the first time that government and parents are meeting to discuss and resolve problems as one team," Sisodia said
While speaking about this meet, Atishi Marlena, adviser to the education minister said, "SMCs have changed the way Delhi government schools function and this sabha was to make the government directly answerable to parents of children who study in our schools. The turnout at the sabha has been very heartening."