Official notification has been released by Jami aMillia Islamia University (JMI)-New Delhi inviting interested applicants to apply for admissions in PhD program in various streams. Various streams available are:
1. Humanities and Languages
2. Architecture and Ekistics
3. Education, Engineering and Technology
4. Law, Natural Science and Social Science
for the session 2016.
Interested candidate needs to have a master's degree in the concerned discipline with minimum of 55 percent aggregate. The degree must be from a recognized institution.
For more information candidates can visit the www.jmi.ac.in
Selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of performance in entrance test and interview which will be conducted by the university.
University said that on the basis of below mentioned guideline candidates will be exempted from the test:
1. Candidates who have qualified University Grants Commission (UGC)/ National Eligibility Test (NET)/Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) examination or any other equivalent examination conducted by the recognised governmental department.
2. Candidates who have completed Master of Philosophy (MPhil) programme from a recognised university/institution.
3. Also, Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) sponsored candidates are exempted from taking entrance examination.
For each application form the application fee is RRs 1000 and candidates need to apply online on the official website of the University.
Last date of application form is August 17th and exam will be held on September 4th.
For more news like this, keep visiting brainbuxa.