In order to provide modern infrastructure the University of Hyderabad has decided to come up with the amenities center for the students.
While announcing this project, the varsity's vice-chancellor Appa Rao Podile said, "It is a dream project that would primarily benefit students and at the same time will provide an ambiance for the campus fraternity at a serene location."
Details of the project
- As per reports, the university will be building a 40,000 square feet amenities centre for students
- Till now, the total expected cost of the project is Rs 10 crore
- Not only this, the centre would connect both the north and south campuses of the University of Hyderabad (UoH), which is also called Hyderabad Central University
- And, the facilities that are expected to be offered to students will have activities relating to Dean of Students' Welfare, Chief Warden, Placement Cell and Gender Sensitisation Committee Against Sexual Harassment (GSCASH)
- Moreover, the new infrastructure will have a common pool infrastructure
Also, there would be alumni cell, students' counseling centre, health insurance facility, auditorium, students centre, reading room, students union office, open-air auditorium and a food court among others
Meanwhile, last year the university had recorded placements with more than 275 students being placed in 67 companies.
"This would be a first-of-its-kind in any public funded universities in India," the statement said.