With 1.39 lakh applicants applying for the admissions in academic year 2015-16, Jamia Millia Islamia University is one of most sought after universities of the nation. According the rankings of the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF), the university stood at 12th place in the national rankings.
Here is everything you need to know about the admission procedure of the university.
For getting admission in the university, candidates are required to appear for the written test at the university for their respective course. Candidates who clear the exam have to go through the rounds of group discussion and personal interviews.
Students are called for the final selection process, after they have passed the above mentioned rounds.
Candidates are required to fill the application forms which are available on the official website of the university (jmi.ac.in or jmicoe.in). After filling the application form candidates are required to pay the fee. Candidates can pay the fee for the application form via various methods such as credit card, debit card or net banking.
Eligibility criteria of the University is different for the different courses.
- Most of the PG courses of the university demand that the candidate must have bachelor's degree in required field with a minimum of 50, 55 or 60 per cent marks.
- For BDS courses, candidates who have appeared for the NEET exam are considered eligible.
- For undergraduate courses, candidates must have passed the 10+2 from recognized board.
- Undergraduate courses- BA, BSc, BBA, BCom, BEd, BCA, LLB, BPEd and BLiSc among others
- Postgraduate courses- MA, MSc, MEd, MFA, MTech, LLM, MBA, MCA, MCom and MArch among others
- Diploma/Certificate Courses
- Applications- February and March
- Admissions- Till September
- Beginning of continued academic session- July
- Beginning of academic session for first years- August