Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is scheduled in the month of Feb 2018 and is a great opportunity for the candidates to get a reputable job in the PSU or pursue post-graduation studies in various engineering disciplines at the nation's best technical institutes.
The dates for the GATE 2018 are February 3, 4, 10 and 11 and IIT Guwahati will conduct the GATE 2018 exam in online mode. Application registration process for the same has already started yesterday.
Below are some preparation tips which will help the candidates in achieving the success in GATE 2018.
The first step is to understand the pattern and the syllabus of the exam
- As you prepare for the exam make short notes which you can use for quick revision near the exam date.
- Maintain a list of important formulas to revise them on daily or periodic basis.
- Strengthen your core concepts and keep practicing topic wise.
- With focused and strategic planning GATE exam can be tackled in 4-6 months of preparation.
- Practice from previous year papers of at least 15 years in order to get the exposure of the level questions.
- Refer the standard textbooks as the questions in GATE exam are based on the concepts explained in these textbooks.
Pay attention to the fundamentals
- Make sure that you have thorough understanding of the fundamentals. When starting to prepare for the exam, focus on the fundamentals followed by practicing the questions.
- Conceptual knowledge is explained best in the textbooks, Refer them for studying and there are video lectures as well which can help you learning the topic faster.
- Refrain yourself from attempting the mock tests in the beginning of the preparations as it will not give you true insight of your preparation level and will only discourage you.
Schedule your GATE preparation
- Start your preparation with simple but important subject such as engineering mathematics.
- Study topic by topic and finish the whole subject.
- As you study, prepare short notes on the topics as well along with the definition, derivation and formulae.
- Practice the questions from standard textbooks
- Recall the concepts and definition from time to time.
- If you ever get stuck in solving the question then clear the concept before moving any further.
Tags: Gate Exam 2018
Success Tips For Gate 2018
Preparation Tips For Gate 2018
Gate 2018 Preparation Tips