Starting from the next academic session, book from National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) will feature many significant national campaigns like Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, Beti Bachao Beti Padhao and Digital India as well as demonetization.
This is first major revamp of the National Curriculum Framework after it was first drafted in year 2005.
According to the Indian Express reports, NCERT is in the final stages of identifying the changes to its 182 textbooks on various subjects. As of now, NCERT has welcomed 221 suggestions from teachers and other 1113 suggestions which it received from other sources.
Most of these changes have been made in textbooks of science (573), social science (316) and Sanskrit (136) for classes 6-12.
Other new changes
- NCERT's math textbook for the primary classes will be updated with the images of the new currency notes introduced by the BJP led government.
- Class 10 textbook of Economics will feature the topic of Demonetization under the title 'Understanding Economic Development'
- Social Science textbook of class 8 (Social and Political Life-III) will feature more material on road safety.
- Sanskrit play named 'Bhagvadajjukam' will be removed from class 8 as teachers complained that it is not easy for them to explain the children about the role of prostitute in the play.
- Class 12 political science textbook 'Indian Constitution at Work' will be updated with the topics such as Right to Information and Right to Education Acts
- Class 6 social science textbook will feature new political map of India to reflect the Telangana state created in year 2014.