After the infamous Bihar topper scam in the recent months, a matter of huge embarrassment has been once again invited by the Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB) for carelessly granting affiliation to multiple schools which do not have a proper school building, facilities or simply don't even exist!
What inquiry team found?
- Several schools did not even have their own buildings and are running in the same building
- The address of Keshav Bindeshwari Higher Secondary School, Arwal was an automobile service centre
- Trimurti Higher Secondary School, Ismailpur, Punpun presented the abandoned agriculture land as their school playground before the inquiry team beside running another evening school in the same premises
- Notice has been issued to 52 poor infrastructure schools and colleges to comply with answer within 15 days. Failing to do so would have their affiliation cancelled
- A period of six months time has been notified to Shree Shree 108 MRZD Inter College, Bishnupuri to renovate their school buildings
- An order has been issued for the inspection of five other schools
- Cancellation of affiliation for the 36 schools and colleges are under process
- Dr Nazar Imam International Higher Secondary School in Phulwarisharif has agreed to surrender its affiliation
- The 213 schools and college which got affiliation from the BSEB in the last two years have come under strict scanning
"We have decided to start the process for cancellation of affiliation of 36 schools and colleges, which have been found grossly deficient in meeting the norms," Said Anand Kishore, Patna Commissioner and BSEB Chairman following the findings. "As a special case, they will be attached to nearby schools and colleges so that their studies are not affected," added Kishore