As India is moving towards energy conservation measures, a number of success stories in this regard are seen emerging in the nation.
Recently, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has taken one step ahead by joining hands with the Ministry of Power and Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) in order to conduct a national level painting competition to instill the habit of energy conservation among students. Last year, when the same competitive was held, more than one lakh students participated.
If the government keeps on working in this space then there would be increase of financial capital, environmental value, national and personal security, and human comfort.
As per the report of August 2016, the Maharashtra government will soon come up with an Energy Conservation policy which will aim at enhancing the technology required to improve electricity generation.
Details of the competition
- As per TOI data, all the schools will firstly organize a drawing competition at their level
- After the competition, the principals of the respective schools will select the two best entries
- Further, the school will forward the names of the students to the state' nodal officer by September 30
List of the topics
- Save a Watt to Save a Lot
- Be Aware, use Energy with Care
- Energy Conservation, a smart step towards Smart Cities
- Reduce Carbon Footprint, Save the Polar, Go Solar
After the winners are announced on December 14 along with celebrations of National Energy Conservation Day, students will be awarded cash prizes worth Rs 10.35 lakhs.