Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is expected to release the results of UGC NET today i.e. on May 10, 2017 on its official website.
Steps to check the results
- Visit the official website of the CBSE at cbse.nic.in
- Click on the link, Results of UGC NET JAN 2017
- Enter all the fields required in the prescribed format
- Click on the submit button and result will be displayed on the screen
- Download the result and take the print out of the same
This year the result for the UGC NET is facing the delay of 3 months. The exam was conducted by the CBSE on January 22 in 84 subjects.
About the exam
The exam is conducted by CBSE for determining the eligibility of the candidates for various posts, Assistant Professor, Junior Research Fellowship across the country.
Established by the Union Government in 1956, UGC (University Grants Commission) is a statutory organization. The main function of UGC is to provide recognition to the Indian universities and provide funds to such recognized universities.
CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) now has the responsibility of conducting the NET exam on the behalf of UGC for the post of Lecturer and providing JRF for Indian nationals according to the minimum standard for the entrants.
The exam is conducted in the streams of Arts, Humanities, Social Science and Commerce.