The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has released the exam date for the University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test 2017. The exam is scheduled to be held on January 22, 2017, and the detailed notification regarding the same will be released on October 15.
The candidates should have acquired a Master's degree in the relevant discipline from a recognized university or institute. The candidates who have appeared or will be appearing in the final year or whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test.
- Junior Research Fellowship: The maximum age of the candidates should be 28 years.
- Assistant Professor: There is no upper age limit for applying for eligibility for Assistant Professor.
About the exam:
- The exam is conducted for determining the eligibility of Indian nationals of Assistant Professor or Junior Research Fellowship and eligibility for Assistant Professor both in Indian universities and colleges.
- On July 10, the exam was held in 83 subjects at 89 cities across the country.
- The candidates who qualify for the award of Junior Research Fellowship are eligible to pursue research in the subject of their post-graduation or in a related subject and are also eligible for Assistant Professor post.