CBSE successfully conducted the class12 CBSE exam on March 25 and according to the views of the students this year the exam was very simple as questions from NCERT textbook were asked. The exam consisted of 70 marks.
Distribution of the marks
- All questions were compulsory
- Questions 1 to 5 were very short answer type question and each question was of 1 marks.
- Questions 6 to 10 were of two marks each and they were short answer type questions.
- Questions 11 to 22 were of three marks each and they were short answer type questions.
- Questions no. 23 was of 4 marks as it was a value based question.
- Questions 24 to 26 were of five marks and they were long answer type questions.
The exam primarily consisted of topics mentioned below:
- Solid State
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- General Principle and Processes of Isolation of Elements
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Organic compounds containing Nitrogen
- Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
- Aldehydes, Phenols and Ether
- Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Coordination compounds
- p-block elements, d- and f- block elements
Though there were few tricky questions but upon reading students found that they were able to solve them as well. Most of the questions were practiced by the students and calculations in numerical questions were easy which helped in saving a lot of time.