After the protests and concerns overgrew from the NET aspirants, the University Grants Commission (UGC) on Tuesday said that Central Board of Secondary Education has now agreed to conduct the entrance test on time.
Students were worried about the exam as the notification for the exam to be held in July is released in April. But till date yesterday there was no such development from the CBSE side which made the National Eligibility Test (NET) aspirants worried about the exam's schedule. The anxious aspirants started demonstrating the protests against the UGC. Every year, approximately 5 lakh students appear for the exam of NET.
According to the reports "it was for the first time in 33 years that the NET was facing uncertainly after CBSE had written to the human resource development ministry earlier this year expressing its inability to conduct the exam. The Board conducts the exam twice a year-- once in January and the second time, in July."
Issue has been solved
"NET will happen in time -- at max a week here and there. We have sorted out the issue with CBSE over the NET exam," VS Chauhan, the officiating chairman of the UGC said on the sideline of an education event in New Delhi.
Chauhan told that CBSE, UGC and HRD ministry conducted a meeting over the exam issue and in the meeting it was made clear that the previous government had issued an executive order in which CBSE was entrusted the responsibility of conducting the NET exam. Earlier CBSE had said that due to lack of manpower and capacity crunch it won't be able to conduct the NET exam this year.
Cbse Net 2017
Net Exam Confirmed