The link for filing the application for the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) Examination is now open and the exam is expected to be held in December sometime.
All the candidates who are interested in applying for the CSIR NET 2017 are requested to submit their applications well before the last date to avoid any last time sever errors. The last date to submit online applications is September 15.
For more details about the exams, candidates can check the official notification released by the authority on official website at csirhrdg.res.in.
The exam is conducted to determine the eligible candidates for the Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) NET.
The exam is held by the authority as a single paper exam and it is held in the morning and evening shifts. In the exam multiple choice questions are asked from the areas of life science, Earth science, Mathematical science, Chemical science, and Physical science.
- Interested candidates must have M.Sc or equivalent degree/ Integrated BS-MS/BS-4 years/BE/BTech/BPharma/MBBS and minimum of 55 percent marks. For the reserved category, there is a relaxation of 5 percent.
- B.Sc(Hons) or equivalent degree holders or students enrolled in the Integrated MS-PhD program with minimum of 55 percent marks are also eligible for applying.
- Online application process begins: August 23
- Application fees deposit: September 15
- Last date to submit online application form: September 16
- Last date of receipt of hard copy of the application form at the exam unit (except remote areas): September 23
- Last date of receipt of hard copy of the application form at the Examination Unit in remote areas: October 3
- Tentative date of publication of list of registered candidates: November 17
- Issue of hall tickets: First week of December