On Thursday, Delhi high Court passed a decision in favor of
Delhi's private school associations by deciding to stay the Delhi government
order scrapping management quota. School managements are pleased but this happiness
is short lived as they know that trouble lies ahead of them.
A principal said that the government will not accept this as
within minutes of the decision, education minister Manish Sisodia tweets that
they respect the decision but they will appeal to it. Sisodia had defended the
government's decision to scrap the 20% management quota and 62 admission
criteria on the basis of which schools were admitting and he appeared in court
as well. The admission process had already begun when this announcement was
made on January 7, 2016.
As per, Ashok Pandey, chairperson, National Progressive
Schools Conference and principal, Ahlcon International School, Mayur Vihar, he
said that now collaboration can begin and the matter can be put to rest. He
added that the decision has settled the issue of what criteria are acceptable
for nursery admissions. Government had rejected 62 admission criteria but the
court has cleared 11.
Another president, (Action Committee for Unaided Recognized
Private Schools), S K Bhattacharya said that they want to earn the trust of the
public and don't want any tussle with the government. They need to have better
understanding with government as ultimately parents will suffer.
According to lawyer-activist Khagesh Jha that the schools
won due to technicality.
RC Jain, president of Delhi State Public Schools Management
Association said that they were expecting this as Last time it was the LG's
order. He had the authority to issue the order but still it was quashed.
Tags: Delhi Schools