Due to large amount of applicants applying for admissions in Delhi University, the admission process for the undergraduate has already been delayed by two weeks.
According to the reports, the university right now is trying to fix sew last minute glitches and it might take them a week or two before they start their admission process.
Official statement from the university
While stating reasons for the delay, an official who did not wish to be named, said in a recent Indian Express report, "We're still left with some work to do, including checking websites and servers since the process will be completely online. We need to make sure everything is in order and is functioning properly before we open admissions, otherwise it could lead to chaos. As a result, the admission process has been delayed. We are not sure when exactly admissions will begin, but we need at least a week or two more."
About admission process in DU
- The admission process in DU is based on both direct cut-off marks and entrance exam.
- For admission to certain course such as B.Tech, BMS, BBA-FIA, BBS, BA (Hons) Economics, entrance test is conducted by the university.
- Candidates who have completed their class 12 exams which is not accredited with AIU, UGC or MHRD, for them university releases separate merit list.
Steps to apply
- Log on the official website of the DU
- Click on the link which relevant to the admission process
- Choose the course and college according to the notification
- Use your e-mail id to register yourself
- Click on 'signup'
- Fill the form by entering all the required details
- Click on the submit button
Based on the NIRF ranking 2017, six colleges of DU made it to the top 10 list. The list was released by the Ministry of Human Resource and Development.