Ashok Choudhary, Education Minister of Bihar, admitted that the standard of education in Bihar schools is not up to the mark. Present at the inaugurating ceremony of inter-district cricket tournament at Barbigha College ground, the minister said "Students of class V of government cannot solve the mathematics problem of standard III."
The minister said this as he referenced the report prepared by an NGO. The report was prepared by the NGO after carrying out massive survey on the root level about the government schools and quality of education in them. After the report, the government is taking various measures in slew in order to improve the infrastructure of the schools so that quality education may be imparted to the children at the government schools.
The minister said that large number of students (88%) study in government schools while the remaining 12% go to private schools.
Recognizing the demands of the teachers from the unaided schools, the minister said "the government is working hard to fulfill their demands and appealed to them (teachers) to end their strike and participate in the evaluation of copies of Intermediate and Matriculation so that results could be published on time."