Official dates for conducting the online GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) in 2017 have been declared by the Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee. It will be conducted between February 4 to 5, 2017 as well as on February 11 to 12, 2017 (Saturdays and Sundays only). Admit card will be made available, online, for download, from January 5, 2017 onwards.
The online application procedure regarding the same will start from 1st of September of this year, as informed by an official notification. The last date for submission of online application will be 4th October, 2016.
All the interested applicants applying for the examination will have to possess either of the academic qualifications mentioned below:
"·Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Technology (or 3 years after diploma in Engineering /Technology) and those who are in the final year of such programmes are eligible to apply, or
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture of five year duration, or
- Bachelor's degree of four year programme in Science (B.Sc), or
- Master's degree in any branch of Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programmes, or
- The applicant will be required to have a five year integrated Master of Science (M.Sc) or five year integrated B.Sc/M.Sc degree, or
- The GATE aspirants belonging to another country, such as: Bangladesh, Ethiopia, Nepal, Singapore, Sri Lanka and UAE should have completed a Bachelor's degree in engineering or Master's degree in science in relevant subject or are in the final year of the programme.
All the candidates in their final year of all the above mentioned programmes are also eligible to apply.
Important Zonal centres for GATE across the nation are Bengaluru, Mumbai, New Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Chennai, Roorkee.