Thanking the media for exposing the toppers scam and unearthing the lacunae in the education system, Bihar Chief Minister said, "Till we end corruption in education we will not rest."
Addressing a function on Teacher's Day, the CM said, "Thanks to the media for exposing the toppers scam. This helped in further improving the education system in Bihar." The government has awarded some selected teachers with state honor.
What the CM said on various points
Quality education for all
The chief minister said his government has taken up the challenge to clean up the system and impart quality education in the state
Regarding imparting quality education for all in the state, he said that the government gave special emphasis to teacher training and is also giving priority to all aspects of education.
Out of school children
In the past 10 years, his government has given top priority to education, said the CM
Due to repetitive efforts, the percentage of out-of-school children has now come down to 1 per cent from the previous 12.5 per cent
The government's 'bicycle scheme' has been "appreciated world over" and has given a boost to education among girls
"The state is spending more than 20 per cent of its budget on education," he claimed.
About government programs
- The government also directed the universities to formulate an academic calendar and follow it strictly, said the CM
- The gross enrollment ratio in the state is still low at 13 per cent as only a small section continued education after 12th standard, primarily due to poverty, said Kumar
- Keeping this in mind, the state government has decided to launch several schemes under "seven resolves" including providing interest-free education loan of up to Rs 4 lakh which would be launched on October 2
- The government is also formulating programs to skill 1 crore youth who do not wish to pursue higher studies
- He also listed ambitious schemes like providing a monthly allowance of Rs 1000 to youth for two years in order to find jobs without financially troubling one's family and free Wi-Fi services in colleges and universities.