A good night sleep is as important as a healthy diet and regular exam and it becomes especially important when it helps you in scoring more on the exam day. It is no brainer that poor sleep habits effects the hormones and brain function negatively. Poor sleep habit can also lead to weight gain and increase the risk of disease.
Reduced sleep quality and quantity are common is students especially during the exam days. A good night's sleep can help you in many ways such as:
- It optimized the health
- It helps in better brain functioning
- It helps you in eating less
- Increased level of concentration which is important during the exam days.
Below are some tips which can help you in getting better sleep during the exam days.
- Increase the bright light exposure during the day time as it helps in functioning the brain and body better. Natural sunlight during the day helps in maintaining the circadian rhythm.
- During the evening reduce the bright light exposure as it affects your circadian rhythm negatively. If you study on computer or smart phone during the night there are several free apps on internet which reduces the blue light emission from the screen.
- Don’t drink coffee late during the day because the stimulants present prevent the body from naturally relaxing.
- Avoid irregular or long naps because sleeping during the day confuses your body's internal clock. Instead have power naps.
- Keep your sleeping and wake up time consistent as it helps in maintaining the rhythm. Irregular patterns can lead to poor sleep quality as they disturb the natural clock of the body.
- Optimize the bedroom environment such as noise, lights etc. Simple by making the bedroom environment more relaxing can significantly improve the quality of sleep.
Sleep well and study tight. All the best!
Cbse 2017 Baord Exams
Cbse Exams Preparation Tips