Headed by prominent space scientist K. Kasturirangan, anew nine member pane was constitutes by the HRD department to prepare the final draft for the national education policy. The new panel was constitutes after HRD Ministry dumped the report of earlier committee regarding the same.
According to an official statement other members on the panel are:
- Vasudha Kamat, academician from the field of education technology
- Manjul Bhargava, Professor of Mathematics in Princeton University, USA
- K.J. Alphonse, who played a crucial role in achieving 100 per cent literacy rate in Kottayam and Ernakulam districts of Kerala
The committee also comprises of
- Ram Shankar Kureel, Vice Chancellor of Baba Saheb Ambedkar University of Social Science Mhow
- T.V. Kattimani, Vice Chancellor of Tribal University, Amarkantak
- Krishna Mohan Tripathy, who was instrumental in implementation of the Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan.
According to an official, these members were chosen by the HRD ministry by keeping their diverse areas of education, different section of the society and different regions of the country in mind.
Two years ago a similar committee was constituted by HRD Minsiter Prakash Javadekar who researched the new education policy under the leadership of former cabinet secretary T.S.R. Subramanian. However, the report was rejected by the government as it called the report a compilation of the old report.
Ghanshyam Goel, Information Officer of the HRD Ministry said "The new committee will consider suggestions and inputs given in the Subramanian panel report".
Tags: Prakash Javadekar
Education Policy In India
New Education Policy
Education In India