For the students looking to make a career in Fashion designing and related aspects, NIFT is a dream institute. However, a limited number of seats in the NIFT (National Institute of Fashion Technology) has meant that many aspirants are left disappointed each year.
But with the NIFT getting a new campus at Panchkula, this can change very soon. Smriti Irani, the former central HRD Minister was present at Panchkula to lay the foundation stone for the new NIFT centre. Also present at the occasion was the state’s Chief Minister, Manohar Lal Khattar. Enrolments at this centre of the NIFT would commence from the academic session 2017 – 18.
Since the campus would take another couple of years to be built completely, it would function from the IT Park and Agro Mall, using a rented space. NIFT, at present, has its centres in 16 Indian cities and is headquartered at New Delhi.
In order to give a global exposure to the students, the central government has made an agreement with as many as 32 institutions of international stature. The centre would start by offering 6 regular degree courses to the enrolled students.
The courses to be offered include the following –
- MDes (Master in Design). This course has a 2-year duration
- MFM (Master of Fashion Management). This course has a 2-year duration
- B.Des (Bachelor of Design) with major in fashion design/ textile design. This course is of 4-year duration
- B.FTech (Bachelor of Fashion Technology) with major in apparel production. This course has a 4-year duration
- Certificate programmes of 1-year and 6-month duration as a part of the continuing programme
Nift New Centre