Gate 2018 will be conducted by the IIT-Guwahati in February next year. Candidates who wish to pursue the master's and direct doctoral programs in engineering, technology, architecture and in other branches of science at various IISCs and IITs are required to clear the GATE 2018 exam.
Candidates can submit their application forms from the official website of the at gate.iitg.ac.in.
- Application process begins- September 1, 2017
- Application process ends- October 5, 2017
- Admit cards- January 5, 2018
- Exam date- February 3, 4 and February 10, 11, 2018 (9 am to 12 pm and 2 pm to 5 pm)
- Results- March 17, 2018
is no age limit for the GATE 218 but the candidate must be graduate of BE, BTech,
BPharmacy, BArch, BSc (Research), BS, MA, MSc, MCA, Int MSc or Int BSMS in 2018.
Documents required for the application
- Personal information (name, age, date of birth, mobile number)
- Address of communication
- Details of the degree
- College name and address
- GATE subject and choice of examination center
- Scanned candidate's signature
- Scanned eligibility certificate
- Scanned certificate for the reserved category
- ID proof
- Online fee payment
MCQs will have negative marking for the wrong answers while there will be no negative marking for the fill in the blanks type questions.
The questions in the exam will be MCQs and fill in the blanks type.
The exam will contain questions on general aptitude (15 marks), engineering mathematics (10-13 marks) and questions from the core engineering area of the candidate.
The exam will have two sections and 65 questions in total. The exam will be of 100 marks and time allotted to complete the paper will be 3 hours.
- UR- Rs 1,500
- Women- Rs 750
- SC/ST/PwD- Rs 750
- International- $ 50