The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE 2018) begins from today i.e. September 1 and candidates can apply for the same by filling the application at the official website of the gate at gate.iitg.ac.in.
The exam is conducted by the any one of the IIT and the candidates who wish to pursue the post graduate courses in engineering at the IITs, NITs and Indian Institute of Science (IISc) should apply for the GATE online exam.
This year, IIT Guwahati will conduct the exam in 23 different subjects for admissions into the various PG courses. The exam in 2018 is scheduled for February 3 and 4, and February 10 and 11.
The GATE exam is also compulsory for the candidates who wish to have a successful carrier in Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) as several PSUs uses the GATE score to shortlist the candidates for the employment opportunity.
Few of such organizations are: Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL), Gas Authority of India Limited (GAIL), Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL), Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL), National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC), Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL), Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) and Power Grid Corporation of India.
Steps to apply online
- Visit the official website of the Gate exam
- Use a valid e-mail id and phone number to register as a new candidate.
- After successful registrations candidates will get the enrollment id and password
- Log in again to fill the complete application process
- Upload your photograph, signatures and other documents and details
- Pay online fees
- Download the application form and take the print out of the same for future reference.