For the 7,416 available posts of constable in Punjab Police more than 5.87 aspirants have applied and it includes graduates and post graduates.
Information on applicants:
- 66,000 graduates and 15,000 post graduates have applied for the posts.
- According to the data available around 8,000 applicants are with other qualifications.
- Applicants with 19 years of age are maximum in number (more than 80,000), followed by 20 years of age (more than 79000 applicants), 21 year age (74000) and 18 year(72000 applicants)
The minimum qualification for the post is class 12th pass.
- Salary for the post lies in the band of 10,300 to 34,800 which does not include allowances.
- This salary will be given to candidates after the have successfully completed the probation of 3 years.
- During probation a fixed emolument will be given to the recruit, which is less than 15,000 and will not include any other expenses. A senior official said, "Their starting salary would be less than Rs 15,000 for three-year probation period."
Statements from top officials
"It could be the craze to become a cop that there have been so many applications. But getting employed with government appears to be the top priority," said Additional Director General of Police Iqbal Preet Singh Sahota, who is also the Chairman of Central Recruitment Board of Punjab.
Further, speaking on this issue, former professor of Sociology at Guru Nanak Dev University Ranvinder Singh Sandhu said "The number of applicants indicates the problem of unemployment. As far as candidates with higher qualifications are concerned, a number of private universities offer degrees.
At entry level, college lecturers are getting merely Rs 15000 or little more. In comparison, a constable is considered better placed in the long run,"Iqbal Preet Singh Sahota added.
Candidates in the group of 18 to 26 are eligible.
Selection of candidate will be based on Physical Measurement Test (PMT), Physical Screening Test (PST), personality test which will be followed by interview round.
For More information on New vacancies and notifications about Govt. Job, Brainbuxa.com will help you through out.