Food tends to slip down on the priority list during the board exam days and students easily slip into the habit of drinking tea and coffee and eating junk food like pizza and burger in order to save some time. Whereas the truth is that good nutrition should also be a plan of study plan because the better fuel your brain gets the better you will be able to study.
Below are some healthy eating habits which will keep you fit and alert during the exam days.
- During exam days Iron and vitamin B are important for the body as they provide energy both physical and mental. Cereal, spinach and red meat are good iron containing food. Foods which contain vitamin B are whole-grains, wheat germs, eggs and nuts.
- Many students also prefer to dietary supplements which in any way cannot substitute the real food. For example, an orange not only contains Vitamin C, but also fiber, beta carotene and other minerals- so a pill cannot replace it. If you happen to go to library for studying then keep items like apple, banana, carrot with you.
- Eat at proper regular intervals as this will help in maintaining the energy and nutrient level in your body and you will have more energy during the study time.
- If big meals slow you down and you feel sleepy then worry not. Instead you can have five-six small meals a day to keep you fresh and energetic.
- Don’t skip the breakfast at any cost. If your idea of having a breakfast includes coffee and a doughnut then it is not breakfast at all. Your breakfast must include some protein, calcium and fiber. So, for a quick and healthy breakfast you can have a bowl of milk with cereals and then a piece of fruit. Its fast and its effective
- Eat vegetables with high amount of nutrients and darker the color, more the nutrients. For example spinach, broccoli, sweet potatoes etc.
Stay healthy and all the best for the exams!