In order to meet the international standards of education and compete with rest of the world, the Indian government has been taking all measures to collaborate with many international universities to provide internal degrees.
Working on the same lines, Yoga guru-turned education entrepreneur Baba Ramdev has recently announced the decision set up his own world-class university in India very soon.
What is the paln?
- Recently, during a sold-out event in Houston, Texas on August 23, Ramdev said he plans to start a world-class university in India in the next five years
- The motive behind starting the university is to educate approximately 100,000 students in different streams
- For this, a 1,500-acre land has already been acquired for it, he added
- The university is expected to be set up in India near New Delhi, on the lines of University of Houston
- The total cost of the project would be around Rs 25,000 crore, he said
Meanwhile, speaking on the standards of the university, Ramdev said "university will be as reputed as the ancient higher-learning institutions-- Nalanda and Takshila."
Also, students from all around the world can opt for higher education in India if this university is established