The board exams for class 10 and 12 has already begun and JEE and NEET exams are already in line and it is only a matter of time before they knock your doors as well. During exam time it is not uncommon for students to feel stress and anxiety. While, these feeling are natural it doesn’t mean that they have to be there as these feeling become the prime cause of the students under performing in the examinations. Below are some simple advice to help students overcome these weighing feelings.
- Study well before the exam and make sure that your time table provides enough time for revision and for other activities during the day.
- While studying, focus on understanding the concepts rather than mugging up. Some suggests using mnemonics if mugging is the only way but, I suggest, especially for science students, take the help of You Tube if you are unable to understand some concepts from the text book. There students can find many lectures on the single topic.
- Think about the time after the exams and imagine your-self to be happy. This will help in elevating the stress but, don’t spend all the time in imagining.
- Remind yourself that hard work never go to waste in fact it is said that effort has the power to surpass the natural abilities.
- If you are afraid of tough questions then remember that most question are of average difficulty level and are given to help students score the marks. It is true that examinations are conducted to test students but no examination is conducted to fail the students.
- Consider studying with a class mate who is good in particular subject. Learning in group can make learning more easy and fun.
- During exam days get plenty of sleep as tired mind and body limits the actual performing ability of the student during the exam days whereas a quit mind is all powerful and more concentrating in nature naturally.
- Do some physical exercise in the morning. Go for jogging or walking in the park and let your favorite music playlist accompany you.
- While making the notes pay special attention to the diagrams and learn them. Not only diagrams carry their own marks and importance in the question but they also help in quick revision.
- Take as many sample test you can and work on your weak areas from there.
Although, exams have already started and you may or may not have performed well in the first exam but there are still plenty of them left to make up for the any or some mistakes you committed in the opening exam.
All the best!
Board Examm Stress
Cbse 201 Exam Stress