Himachal Pradesh Board of School Education (HPBOSE) cancelled class 12 Physics and Computer Science paper due to the theft of question papers. According to the reports, the HPBOSE class 12 exam started from March 3 and the class 10 board exams began on March 4 and will conclude in March 17. The matter of theft came into light when the principal of school informed about the theft.
More on the report
- According to the reports question papers and answer sheets were stolen from Government Senior Secondary School, Nichar in Kinnaur District. The theft raised the apprehension that the papers might have been leaked.
- The examination of Physics and Computer Science has been cancelled in all1846 centers.
- The Director of Higher education would conduct the inquiry and strict action will be taken against those who found guilty.
- Due to theft, Deputy commissioner of Kinnaur, Naresh Kumar placed the principal of the said school along with the center superintendent, deputy superintendent and watchman under the suspension order.
- The FIR for the matter has also been launched.
Cupboard locks broken
"The double lock of the cupboard in the school was found broken and 60 papers of each subject and some answer sheets were found missing," said the Chief Minister.
"The Physics paper was scheduled to be held on Tuesday March 14 while the Computer Science paper was to be held on March 21. The fresh dates for the examination would be announced soon," a spokesman of the board said.