On the occasion of completing 68 years of existence, The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) celebrated the Charted Accountants Day.
On the occasion PM Narendra Modi was present and he released the new revised syllabus of the Charted Accountancy course.
Arun Jaitley, Minister of Corporate Affairs, Finance and Defence, Minister of State, Hasmukh Adhia, Revenue Secretary, Government of India and other dignitaries were also present at the event.
Statement from the President of ICAI
"In Revised Scheme, the technical competence, professional skills and professional values, ethics and attitudes expected from a CA are being redefined and upgraded in order to gear up aspiring Chartered Accountants to take on new roles," said CA Nilesh S. Vikamsey, President, ICAI.
Revised scheme of the syllabus
- The new syllabus will be revised regularly and all courses will witness the change.
- The course is now divided into comprehension so that students can grasp it easily.
- The new scheme of the syllabus is in accordance with the International Education Standards of the International Federation of Accountants.
- The new scheme will be backed by the 'Transparent Examination System'.
- Vibrant course structure will provide students with more career options.
- Now with GST in action, all aspiring candidates will have to sit for an extra exam on GST.
peak of the revised syllabus
CPT revised syllabus
- Principles and Practices of Accounting: 100 Marks
- (Part I) Mercantile Laws (60 Marks) Paper-2 (Part-II) General English (40 Marks)
- Business Mathematics Logical Reasoning and Statistics: 100 Marks
- Business Economics and Business and Commercial Knowledge: 100 Marks
- Paper 1 Financial Reporting: 100 Marks
- Paper 2 Strategic Financial Management: 100 Marks
- Paper 3 Advanced Auditing and Professional Ethics: 100 Marks
- Paper 4A Corporate Laws: 60 Marks
- Paper 4B Other Economic Laws: 40 Marks
- Paper 5 Advanced Management Accounting: 100 Marks
- Paper 6A Financial Services and Capital Markets: 50 Marks
- Paper 6B Information Systems Control and Audit: 50 Marks
- Paper 7A Advanced Direct Tax Laws: 70 Marks
- Paper 7B International Taxation: 30 Marks
- Paper 8B Advanced Indirect Laws: 100 Marks
Tags: Icai 68Th Anniversary
Icai New Ca Syllabus
New Ca Syllabus
Revised Ca Syllabus