The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has announced to summon applications for distance management programmes. The university has also announced to conduct OPEN MAT XL on August 16, 2016 for distance management course of 2017.
The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), established by an Act of Parliament in 1985, has continuously striven to build an inclusive knowledge society through inclusive education. It has tried to increase the Gross Enrollment Ratio (GER) by offering high-quality teaching through the Open and Distance Learning (ODL) mode. The University began by offering two academic programmes in 1987, i.e., Diploma in Management and Diploma in Distance Education, with strength of 4,528 students. With the launch of EduSat (a satellite dedicated only to education) on 20th September, 2004, and the establishment of the Inter-University Consortium, the University has ushered in a new era of technology-enabled education in the country. All the regional centers and high enrollment study centers have been provided with active two-way video-conferencing network connectivity, which has made it possible to transact interactive digital content.
To apply: The candidates are required to download the application form from the official portal with all the requisite details and post the completed form addressed to 'the Registrar (SED), IGNOU, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi - 110068', by registered post/speed post.
Eligibility requirements: The candidates who wish to apply for this programme should have graduated in any discipline with 50 per cent marks for general category and 45 percent for reserved category along with three years of managerial, supervisory or professional experience. Candidates should clear OPENMAT conducted by IGNOU. Candidates who clear OPENMAT XL will be admitted to Semester 1, 2017. Those who clear OPENMAT XLI, will be admitted to Semester 2.
List of management courses available in the university are:
1. Distance Master of Business Administration (MBA)
2. Post-Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDIM)
3. Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management (PGDHRM)
4. Post-Graduate Diploma in Financial Management (PGDFM)
5. Post-Graduate Diploma in Operations Management (PGDOM)
6. Post-Graduate Diploma in Marketing Management (PGDMM)
7. Post-Graduate Diploma in Financial Markets Practice (PGDFMP)
Important dates related to the examination:
1. The last date for the submission of an application form (OPENMAT-XL) is July 15 (first sem).
2. OPENMAT-XL will be conducted on August 21, 2016.
3. The last date to register for admission is November 15.
Students are requested to check the official portal of the University for Further Queries. For more news and updates on examination and recruitments, take a halt at Brainbuxa.