Eatable, a new social network is developed by the IIT-KGP alumni exclusively for the food lovers.
The main aim of the social network-cum-utility platform is to connect the foodies from all over the world, spread the word about eatery and discover exciting places to grab a bite from all over the world.
According to the reports by IANS the platform will not only help the foodies to discover about food and location but will also help the businesses in expanding their reach and customer base.
Developers behind the social network
- Mainak Sarkar- electrical engineer (IIT Kharagpur)
- Pritam Khan from the computer science department (IIT Kharagpur)
- Sumit Agarwal from the engineering department (IIT Kharagpur)
- The fourth co-founder is Abhijit Ghosh, a civil engineering final year student from IIEST Shibpur.
Words from Manik Sankar, CEO and co-founder of the eatable
"It is a social network just like Facebook but exclusively for food lovers where they can connect with other fellow foodies and also their favorite eateries," Mainak Sarkar, co-founder and CEO, Eatable, told IANS.
"The idea came from problems faced by travellers at new or unknown places about the availability of choice of food, locations and quality," Sarkar added.
Features of the social platform
- It allows foodies from India to connect with each other.
- It is available both on mobile and desktop
- "A person can add a place, they had food at and liked, to the platform via the 'Discovery' post option which adds that place to our database. How this helps is by letting people know about the places that are not usually available on any other platform," Sarkar said
- It also allows eateries (restaurants, cafes, bars, pubs and others) with internet connection to join the platform and connect with the customers
- Users can follow and recommend the places they have visited