IIT Madras conducted the JEE Advanced paper 1 and according to the reports 1.7 lakh students appeared for the exam at various test centers spread across the nation.
Reaction of the students
According to the reports, students who appeared for the JEE Advanced 2017 exam, found that the paper was of moderate level and students did not found any mistakes in the paper.
The overall pattern of the exam was same as the last year as there were 54 questions in the exam but this time total marks of the exam were changed to 183 from 186 as compared to last year.
- Total marks weightage of the exam was 183 and time allotted for the exam was 3 hours.
- The question paper consisted of 54 questions which were spread across 36 printed pages.
- There were three parts in Paper -1 and each subject was allocated 61 marks
Each part was divided into three sections:
Section 1: 28 marks
There were seven questions in section 1 and each question had 4 options with more than one correct option. For correct answer 4 marks will be awarded if all options are correct i.e. 1 mark for each option.
Section 2: 15 marks
Section 2 had five questions with where correct response was single digit integer between 0 and 9, both inclusive. For correct answer candidates will be awarded 3 marks and 0 marks in all other cases.
Section 3: 18 marks
There were 6 matching type questions in section 3 and out of 4 given options only one option was correct. In these questions correct response was again a single digit integer between 0 and 9, both inclusive. 3 marks will be awarded to the candidate for the correct option and 0 marks in all other cases.
Comparison with the last year question paper
- The matching type questions were different from previous year questions
- This year the coverage of question from Class 11 and Class 12 was 50:50.
- Equal weightage was given to class 11 and class 12
- Last year the ratio of weightage for class 11 to class 12 was 40:60