Lok Sabha is now inviting the applications in the prescribed format for the position of 25 internships for the duration of three months and 25 internship positions for the duration of one month.
The internship program by the Lok Sabha is aimed to provide unique opportunity to the students with outstanding academic credentials where they will have the chance to acquaint themselves with workings of the Parliamentary democracy.
The selected interns will be exposed to the legal and constitutional provisions of working with the parliament and will gain the valuable experience of the democracy at work.
Three month internship- 3 July to 29 September 2017
One month internship- 28 June to 27 July 2017
Qualifications (for one and three month internship)
- Only citizens of India aging between 21 and 30 years are applicable for the position.
- They must have an outstanding record in academic disciplines such as social sciences, languages, environmental studies, law, journalism, finance, management, business studies, commerce etc.
- Students from pure science background such as engineering will not be considered except for the subjects like environmental engineering and such.
- The applicant must have completed 2 year PG degree.
- In exceptional circumstances, candidates pursuing doctoral studies can be allowed.
- Letter of Recommendation must be submitted by the candidate from from the Principal of College/Head of the Institution/Registrar & Head of Departments he/she last attended or is enrolled in to pursue higher studies along with the completed application form.
- The applicant must also submit brief but clear statement in about 250 words that would state the reason of the candidate for joining the program.
- Incomplete applications will be disqualified.
For more complete information the students can contact email@example.com
The last date for the registration closes at 5 pm on 26 April 2017.