In order to keep constant check on the standard of medical education in the country, the Medical Council of India (MCI) with the approval of central government has decided to include surveillance equipment in medical colleges of India.
According to the reports, MCI is all set to install bio metric attendance machines and CCTV s in medical colleges.This announcement was made public by the Minister of State (Health and Family Welfare) Faggan Singh Kulaste.
More on the report
- According to the reports, these changes are part of the amendments in the Minimum Standard Requirement for 50/100/150/200/250 MBBS Admissions Annually Regulations, 1999.
- In fact, the installation of the equipment's is already going on in some colleges.
- According to the MCI, already 985 bio metric devices have been installed at 90 medical colleges.
- A total of 41,000 faculties have been enrolled for the same purpose.
Fake medical colleges recognized by the MCI
During the process of installation MCI came across two fake medical colleges which were functioning with the required approval from the governing bodies. These institutes are:
- Singhania University, Pacheri Bair, District Jhunjhunu (Rajasthan)
- Surendra Medical College and Hospital, Khagol, Patna (Bihar)
MCI has already told them to discharge the admitted students and issues a press notice against them.